You can use your plan to set savings goals, invest for the future and improve your overall financial health, thereby building wealth. It is a roadmap that shows how to get from your current position to where you want to be. This information does not constitute and is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal, or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, Schwab recommends consultation with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner, or investment manager. You can write a financial plan yourself or enlist the help of a professional financial planner. The first step is to calculate your net worth and identify your spending habits.
How do you prepare financial planning?
- 1) Identify your Financial Situation.
- 2) Determine Financial Goals.
- 3) Identify Alternatives for Investment.
- 4) Evaluate Alternatives.
- 5) Put Together a Financial Plan and Implement.
- 6) Review, Re-evaluate and Monitor