Media shares in focus publish Zee-Sony deal; shares advance as much as 25%


Shares of media together with broadcasting & cable TV operators rallied on the bourses by as much as 25 per cent after the Board of Administrators of ZEE Leisure Enterprises Restricted (ZEEL) unanimously supplied an in-principle approval for the merger between Sony Footage Networks India (SPNI) & ZEEL.


ZEEL zoomed 25 per cent to hit a 52-week excessive of Rs 319.50 on the BSE in intra-day commerce. Zee Study surged almost 20 per cent to Rs 16.64, whereas TV18 Broadcast gained 11 per cent to Rs 40.40, adopted by Dish TV India (up 10 per cent to Rs 21.54), New Delhi Tv or NDTV (up 10 per cent at Rs 96.35), Network18 Media & Investments (up 9 per cent at Rs 55.80), Hathway Cable & Datacom (8 per cent at Rs 25.70) and Solar TV Community (7 per cent at Rs 519.30) in intra-day commerce at present.


At 11:08 am; the Nifty Media index, the highest gainer amongst sectoral indices, was up 9 per cent, as in comparison with 0.15 per cent rise within the Nifty 50 index.


In a press release, Zee stated its board has evaluated the merger not solely on monetary parameters, but in addition on the strategic worth which Sony brings to the desk. The board concluded that the merger shall be in the most effective curiosity of all of the shareholders & stakeholders. The merger is consistent with ZEEL’s technique of reaching larger development and profitability as a number one media & leisure firm throughout South Asia. The board has authorised the administration of ZEEL to provoke the required due diligence course of.


Foundation the present estimated fairness values of ZEEL and SPNI, the indicative merger ratio would have been 61.25% in favour of ZEEL. Nevertheless, with the proposed infusion of development capital into SPNI, the resultant merger ratio is anticipated to end in 47.07% of the merged entity being held by ZEEL shareholders and the remaining 52.93% of the merged entity being held by SPNI shareholders. CLICK HERE FOR FULL REPORT

Nevertheless, the deal, analysts say, ought to put to relaxation investor’s considerations relating to company governance points, and can lead to vital re-rating for the inventory going forward. It at present trades at round 16/14x FY23/24 earnings. CLICK HERE FOR FULL REPORT








In the meantime, shares of NDTV had been locked within the 10 per cent higher circuit band for the third straight day, at Rs 96.35 at present, amid rumours of buyout by Adani Group. The inventory is buying and selling at its 52-week excessive stage and rallied 33 per cent in previous three buying and selling days.


On its half, NDTV has denied any such improvement and has stated the Founder-Promoters, Radhika and Prannoy Roy, aren’t in discussions now, nor have been, with any entity for a change in possession or a divestment of their stake in NDTV. “They individually and thru their firm, RRPR Holding Non-public Restricted, proceed to carry 61.45 per cent of the entire paid-up share capital of NDTV,” the corporate stated in its change submitting. READ HERE

Pricey Reader,

Enterprise Customary has all the time strived arduous to supply up-to-date info and commentary on developments which can be of curiosity to you and have wider political and financial implications for the nation and the world. Your encouragement and fixed suggestions on enhance our providing have solely made our resolve and dedication to those beliefs stronger. Even throughout these troublesome occasions arising out of Covid-19, we proceed to stay dedicated to preserving you knowledgeable and up to date with credible information, authoritative views and incisive commentary on topical problems with relevance.

We, nonetheless, have a request.

As we battle the financial affect of the pandemic, we want your assist much more, in order that we are able to proceed to give you extra high quality content material. Our subscription mannequin has seen an encouraging response from a lot of you, who’ve subscribed to our on-line content material. Extra subscription to our on-line content material can solely assist us obtain the objectives of providing you even higher and extra related content material. We consider in free, honest and credible journalism. Your assist by extra subscriptions can assist us practise the journalism to which we’re dedicated.

Help high quality journalism and subscribe to Enterprise Customary.

Digital Editor


https://www.business-standard.com/article/markets/zee-zooms-25-after-deal-with-sony-sun-tv-tv18-broadcast-gain-upto-11-121092200382_1.html